Monday, May 02, 2005

 

Ghost disk

I need to blog this for the record. I know nobody cares but I'll forget otherwise probably.

If you have a ghost disk that uses the old MS LANMAN net.exe DOS client, it may have problems appending to files on a Windows 2003 server. IE:

> echo hi > new.fil

works, and

> echo hello >> new.fil

Returns access denied. After a few hours poking at this, I decided it was a problem with the redirector. There's a net command that shows you running services on the DOS client. I checked it and it indicated the BASIC redirector was running.

After that, I ran:

> net stop basic
> net start full

Relogged in, reconnected to the drives... Everything works. I don't think this is documented anywhere.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?